*Whew* How do I manage to forget from year to year how exhausting Christmas is? Between making my list and checking it twice and then shopping, evaluating, and realizing that we’ve inadvertently gotten more stuff for one child than the other two....*sigh*
In the midst of working this week helping those who received their electronics device for Christmas but can seem to figure out how to work it, get to the proper place (we are NOT tech support flucktards! Obviously I don’t say it like that.) I have managed to reclaim my house from the encroaching and overly cheery Christmas decorations, made hard candy and lip balm - but that’s a whole ‘nother blog post - so far have managed to not kill my children, and finally sit down to blog.
Not that it matters to you guys whether I post or not, but I feel a wee bit guilty when I don’t. Yes, I’m really that self-centered. In the back of my mind I’m sure that you are all waiting with bated breath to see what I have to say next. What golden morsel of blog wisdom or wit I will be sharing with you. Because I’m so full of awesome, all that and a bag o’chips, right? Yeah, I know, but don’t burden yourself with the need to disillusion me.
Bruce over at Bruce Johnson JADIP (by the way took me forever to realize what the JADIP was) gave me the sweetest award. No really, that’s what it says. Thank you, thank you thank you. Like you, I may have to start smoking again due to the stress of only being able to choose 3 people to pass it on to. By the way people, if you haven’t checked out Bruce or his Evil Twin do it....now...it’s okay, we’ll wait.
Okay, now that everyone is back with us. I’ll list my guilty pleasures. I don’t follow directions well, how many am I listing? Five, I think. I’ll figure out who I’m giving my award to while I’m making my list.
- The Twilight Saga - yes, I realize that I just ruined my credibility as a grown up with that one statement, but what can I say? I’m a sucker for a supernatural love story involving vampires and werewolves.
- Showtunes - when I’m working my cyber mojo I listen to my Les Miserables station on Pandora. It plays songs from other musicals too, like Chicago, Rocky Horror, Hairspray and Avenue Q.
- Yoga pants - I love yoga pants. I got my first pair only recently and they are nothing short of cotton/spandex awesomeness. I love the way they feel on my bottom oh, and TMI alert, I don’t wear them with underwear either.
- Vodka - I know that I have oft spoken of my love for Vodka but it’s a guilty pleasure. When the work day is done and the kids are in bed, I sit down with a vodkatini and unwind. I swear it isn’t as refined as it may sound. I like vodka and green olives although most often I drink cheaper vodka with Crystal Light.
- Supernatural, Vampire Diaries (see #1), Hellcats, Glee and a handful of ‘reality tv’ shows - I feel like pretty much my entire TV lineup during the regular and now summer season is a guilty pleasure. Not only because I secretly believe that I must be the only person who watches so they are keeping (fill in the blank show) on just for me (see self-centered comment earlier in the post), but because in the back of my mind I’m sure there is something more useful that I should be doing.
Now on to my award winners... there are so many blogs that I love and I want to not give this award to someone who already has it.
As Vinny C's it - he has a blog that is really irresistable to me. I check in often even if I have technical issues leaving a comment sometimes.
It's never to late to save a hopeless case because I just love Steph and her randomness/craziness.
and finally Dad over at Unsound Reasoning because he’s just a laugh, regardless of what he thinks of Idaho.
For those who didn’t get awards, I’m sorry it’s so hard when you can only choose three!!! Please , winners keep spreading the love around!!!!