Things that I’m learning and lets play a game!
The The Mad Housewife tagged me in a post and it’s a question game and then at the end I get to tag some of you and choose what your next post topic will be about. So can’t wait!!! No, really, it will be fun, I promise!
But, before we get to that, I really must share some things that I’m learning about people and human nature due to our impending relocation.
- Those who have the hardest time letting you go, are often the same ones who feel like they weren’t attentive enough when you were around. This is similar (or identical) to a phenomenon you see sometimes at funerals. Those who mourn the loudest and weep and wail the hardest are those who let that person move on to the next life while they still had regrets about something in their relationship with the deceased.
- Many people who don’t normally socialize with you, suddenly feel like they need to get together with you before you leave. Because you have so much time for that between working and packing and blogging. It would be rude to point that out however so you try to find time to have them over. *sigh*
- We’re less than 3 weeks away from pulling up stakes at our current location so we’re to the point that anything that we don’t touch every day or use every day is either getting thrown away, donated, or packed. We’re going to exist on a single glass for every person in the family a single plate for everyone, etc until we reach our new destination. I think that will get me out of entertaining for the duration. Perhaps we can get some invitations from those people (see #2 above).
- A lot more people are happy and excited for us than not and some have even offered to help us pack and load the truck when the time comes. Not sure if it is because they are truly excited for our new beginning or just happy to see the back side of us, but I’ll take volunteer help any time I can get it.
I believe that is all my revelations for now so we’ll get on to the game. Because it is a question game I’m not sure if there is really much left that I can tell you about me that you don’t already know, so I may skip some of the questions.
- If you have pets, do you see them merely as animals or are they members of your family?
We have a cat (Ego) and a dog (Sheelah) and they are definitely members of the family. Our fur kids.
- If you could have a dream come true, what would it be? Only one dream? I have many dreams (most of them are pretty simple and attainable) and I am learning that I have the power to make my dreams come true through visualization and positive thinking.
- What is the one thing most hated by you? Wow....I think my most hated thing is when people manipulate others. Any type of manipulation that comes to mind, that’s what I’m talking about. It is rude and wrong.
- What would you do with a billion dollars? My answer is probably not all that unusual. Pay off my debt, minimum of 10% the charity, buy really nice houses in all my favorite places and pay staff to keep them up while I’m away. I love the idea of getting up in the morning and deciding that I want to have lunch or dinner in Europe and hopping on my private jet to do so.
- What helps pull you out of a bad mood? Darling Husband, sex and vodka. In that order.
- Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone? I have to say that it is best when it is reciprocal.
- What is your bedtime routine? I’m skipping this one just cause it’s my blog and I can. *how’s that for being contrary?*
- If you are currently in a relationship how did you meet your significant other? I covered this in a whole blog post of its own. If you aren’t familiar with the story and care to know you can click here.
- If you could watch a creative person in the creative process, who would it be? At first I was thinking, wow that’s a hard one but really it isn’t. I think that I would most like to watch a really great chef in the creative process. I always have liked to watch mom cook, even though we are dysfunctional so we’ll take it up several levels and say Gordon Ramsay.
10. What kind of books do you read? I don’t have much chance to read very often any more. Certainly not as much as I’d like. The last books that I really enjoyed were the Twilight Saga books.
- What is your biggest fear? I don’t have fears really, as in things I’m genuinely afraid of, just a laundry list of things that I’d prefer to not ever have happen in my life. I don’t focus on those because I don’t want have any aid in their manifestation.
There are like 20 questions, and I’m done. Actually, out of time is more like it because I’ve got to get back to packing.
Let’s see, I think I’ll tag Mrs Hyde at A Bitch Called Mom and have her blog post be “It makes me all warm and fuzzy when....”
Also Steph over at It's never too late to save a hopeless case and her blog post will be “Remember that time when we were kidnapped by Gypsies?”
Mynx at Dribble and her blog title will be “Once upon a time in the fractured future”.
My last one will be Bruce at Bruce Johnson JADIP and his blog post will be just like that B-52s song “There's a Monster in my pants" that's a link to the You Tube of the video if you need inspiration. heeheehee
Oh and yes, I'm aware that the formatting is all over the place because sometimes my computer just doesn't like when I copy in my posts from Pages.