Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Do You Wanna Date My Avatar?


Okay so before you even get started with this blog watch the video please otherwise the rest won't make much sense.  This is Felicia Day in a video that spoofs people who play those online multi-player games.  *think World of Warcraft, Second Life, IMVU, RedLight Center/Utherverse*

I have loved Felicia Day ever since I saw her in Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog with Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion - created by Joss Whedon.  It's 42 minutes of musical tragicomedy awesomeness.  If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and watch it. You may have to see it more than once to catch all the funny.  But I am digressing...and badly....this isn't a Joss Whedon or Felicia Day fangirl post...no really....I mean it.

The reason I posted the video and and titled my blog thus, I have an avatar.  And she's beautiful.  Redheaded with a braid and a perfect figure.  Yes, I play in one of these virtual games.  I'm in RLC/Utherverse.  It seems really ridiculous when you try to explain it to other people who don't play like that.  But you choose a name for yourself and you make friends with other people, can develop relationships, have sex and I find myself continually surprised by the number of people who actually get married in the game.  

Once you pay your initial subscription fee to become a VIP member you can  do various things in the game to earn in game currency so you don't have to put real monies into it to support your video game habit.  Like have in game 'jobs'.  For example, when I first started the game I was a WG (working girl) which is a nice way of saying that I was a cyber ho.  LMAO, it paid really well but got old in a hurry.  But some people are DJs, like they set up muisc streams and do live DJing at events that people have in clubs that they own.  You an design and sell clothing or do deco (neither of which I have the patience or talent for). Now I am a model, I sell clothing and layouts (like homes) for a designer who treats me very well.  Now I don't have to spend real monies to support my gaming habit. See how that all works out.

It is a fun way to get away from stress but it can come with its own stress because not everyone realizes that there are people, real people, behind all those avatars.  You will meet some fantastic people and some that are real azzhats.  In general I've found that you get out of it as good as you give.  If you are generally nice and open minded it's a great experience.

So, before anyone leaves a comment that I have no idea how to delete about how I need to get a life, I just want to say that I have a life.  I do this because I choose to have more than one.  I'm going to put a link in here for anyone who is interested in checking this out for themselves.  Create a profile for yourself if you like.  It's a chance to escape and be whoever you fancy yourself to be in your head.  You can be a legend in your own mind.  LOL

If you do sign up and want to find me, I'm HGPrincessLexi_HKMT, but if you address me as Tory, I'll know how you know me.  Hope to see some of you online.

Loves, hugs and kisses
Tory


5 comments:

  1. Hell yeah, you have a life! You're a gamer geek like me & I have a life... a little...

    I used to play WoW (before life got in the way of most of my fun) & I've seen the video so I know exactly where you're coming from. I know of RLC, but killing things (monsters, enemy races/players, etc) is more my speed.

    PS: Love the avatar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sis, BIL, and some nieces play WoW. I know several people that are gamers and did it the old fashioned way before the net. It's not my thing, but lots of people love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i used to hang out in aol chats that were rpg chats. back before MMORPGs were things. and then i never really got into those. i probably could get into them. i just don't really have time for it. awesome husband is a console gamer. i used to pay video games while he was playing. now i do homework. somuchfun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My life is so boring, perhaps I should try this.

    My neighbor keeps telling me, "Dude, you should get into online gaming. There's lots of women on there."

    Hey, it would be another place I can go get my online heart broken, ha.

    ReplyDelete